ORGANIC FARMING SCHEME – SECOND TRANCHE OPENS DECEMBER 2015
The Organic Farming Scheme (OFS) is run by the Organic Unit of the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine and this year opened on April 21st, 2015 and closed on May 29th 2015. The second tranche re-opened on December 2nd and will close at midnight on December 31st, 2015.
Please note that it is an online application form, if you are not currently using the Department’s online services then you will need to register with them on www.agfood.ie
How to join the OFS if you are an existing organic farmer:
- If you are already an organic farmer, to join the new OFS simply log onto www.agfood.ie and use the online application form. You will need your User name, Personal Access Code and password.
How to join the OFS for new entrants:
- Contact IOFGA for an application form, once this is submitted you will receive your organic licence number (You can download an application form here IOFGA-Application-Form-Farmers-and-Growers3)
- On receipt of your completed application form IOFGA will immediately notify the Organic Unit of the Department that you have a licence number
- All farmers who are not currently using the Department online services must register which you can do by going to http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/agfoodinformationpages/
- Once you have your organic licence number and you have registered online with the Department you can then proceed and complete your online application to join the Organic Farming Scheme here www.agfood.ie
- All new entrants must complete the Organic Production course, please note that dates for courses are currently being confirmed and we will post dates for courses once finalised.
Department of Agriculture and the Marine website and relevant information
CAPITAL GRANT AID FOR THE ORGANIC SECTOR
The Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine have a grant aid scheme for the development of the organic farming sector. For more information follow the link:
The schemes for grant aid available for organic producers for both on farm and off farm developments has closed for 2015.
When the Scheme opens for 2016 we will post details here.